I finally decided to take that step and go vegan. (As far as food is concerned). Hopefully as I continue to learn about this journey maybe I can fully transform and go vegan with products, clothes, etc. However I'm just taking it one step at a time.
I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian since Aug 07. My initial plan was to become vegan by the end of that year. Well that didn't happen and then another year passed, and well lets just say I finally got my mind right. I am ready for this journey even if I have to do it by myself. (Me and my DH decided to let the kids eat fish for now and only fish, however he has decided to join in with them). So it's just me. Which is fine, I know I will still have his support.
Why did I become a vegetarian?
I became a vegetarian because I felt it was the right thing to do, I was never a big meat eater so it was easy for me to drop the meat. My DH joined in with me and at that time decided the kids were going right along with us. However I was still eating eggs and was in love with whole milk and cheese. Oh cheese... Anyhow I have learned how to deal without eggs and milk , since I have fallin' in love with Almond Milk (Soy is okay too). I just know it may possibly be a struggle without the cheese, but so far so good.
The only thing I need to be aware is of what I put on my food and what products are in it, just so I don't make any mistakes. Oh great now I have to read lables! Anyhow I know soon enough I will get the hang of things and will be comfortable with my new once lifestyle.
I'm very excited about this journey I decided to blog about it, because I think it's worth blogging about. I will share with you all my ups and downs during the journey. I will share anything educational or informative, any recipes I think you should try. Last but not least I will share with you new foods that I have tried and hoepfully decent pics!
Since I started this journey I've already been doing some reasearch and I can't believe how many vegan options there are out there as far as food is concerned. I should never get bored with the food as long as I'm not to lazy to cook and try new things, lol.
Anyhow thats my intro, I've written more than enough, I'll be back shortly. To talk about my garden.
Until next time much love!
4 comments:
I definitely will be following this blog. Looking forward to reading on your progress.
Thanks,
Appreciate the love!
This is going to be such a fun journey!!! So many new recipes, products, etc you will experiment with.
I too look forward to reading your progress. Like you said one day at a time...
Thanks meikmeika
The experiment has kind of came to a halt due to the fact that I'm dieting once again, lol.
Take Care
Post a Comment