Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Garden

I have been working like a mad women so I havent really had time to blog.

I just want to show you a few pics of our garden. It is really flourishing.

We have planted so far peppers, tomatoes, green onions, romaine lettuce, spinach, collard greens, okra (yuck my DH loves them), celery and lima beans.
So far everything is looking good. I belive there is some type of insect on eating lima beans. We were trying to hold off on the pesticides but don't know how much longer the lima beans are going to last without it anyhow. Enough talk here are some pics!



DH cought me off guard with this pic, while watering the garden


The kids were trying to help out, more like making a mess!




DH planting the seeds




The plants starting to sprout!


The plants have grown more since I have taken the last pics, I'm just too lazy to take more,lol. I'll wait a little longer so by that time you can really tell the difference.

Anyhow I'm still getting adjusted to the vegan lifestyle it's just hit me the other day that I can no longer have chocolate (well the kinds that I like) I guess to ease the cravings I need to try the vegan chocolate Ijust might like it! Not only chocolate I have realized that I can no longer have a lot of things, but it's good because all of the option that I do have are healthier. I have finally cooked a few vegan meals and can't wait to share the pics and recipes with you all. I will save it for next time!

Coming up next: My first vegan meals!
Until Next Time Much Love

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww so adorable and kudos on your garden, you won't starve in this economy ;)

Anonymous said...

Your two little ones are so adorable!!!

Check out this site regarding organic pesticides for your garden:
http://www.vegfamily.com/earthtalk/organic-pesticides-natural-home-pesticides.htm

I wonder what vegan meals you'll be showing us??? Can't wait!!!

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Hey Ladies thanks for stopping by, thanks for the compliments.

Thanks for the link Meikmeika!