First I will show pics of meals that I just free styled on ( no recipe used, just cooked what I felt like eating, lol)
Also some pics are old even before turning vegan.
First Up: Tofu Peanut butter Veggie Stir-Fry
Next I made a stir-fry using zucchini and butternut squash with peppers, herbs and spices. I also added some meat substitute using "Steak" strips made by MorningStar. This was also delicious.
I also decided to go even further with the zucchini and butternut squash by making veggie spaghetti. I simply peeled the two veggies and used them as noodles, added some peppers, mushrooms, herbs and spices. I sauteed the "veggie noodles" and the rest of the veggies until they were tender and added the sauce there after. This was very good and a healthier alternative to regular noodles, plus my kids and DH loved it!
I was feeling like eating Chinese one night so I decided to make some Tofu Fried Rice with Veggie Egg Rolls. The rice turned out okay but the egg rolls were great!
I made some stuffed peppers on one occasion along with veggies spring rolls and fried corn. This dish was sort of thrown together and tasted ok.

As for dessert, I know some of you all think that vegans are limited when it comes to dessert but that is so not the case, there are so many options out there. However I only can show you all two, lol. I would have had three if I would have ever remembered to take a picture. I made some fried bananas, and vegan oatmeal cookies. The cookies were great, they are best when eaten straight from the oven. I also made vegan banana bread three times, but forgot to take pics each and every time, it was so gooooooood!
These next three dishes are my top fave! I cant eat these over and over
"Cheesy Enchilada's" I made this dish twice in one week, it was so good!
These were before,and after shots. Along side with some fried corn and a dash of vegan sour cream!

I love pot pies and when I saw the recipe on vegweb. I had to give it a try.

I didn't follow the recipe to the T but it still came out great! This dish was also made twice in one week, another hit with the family!
As far as the vegan journey, it is a continuous learning process. I had a few slip ups from not reading the product labels to make sure that the products didn't contain any meat products in it. Anyhow all is well and the garden has been somewhat transformed. I will update you with those pics on a later date. I think I have more than enough pics that should cover me for the next few months, lol. I hope to be back soon!
Until next time much love!
4 comments:
OMG those dishes look so yum! I need to come visit you fo' sure LOL. I can't wait to see more. Although that's prob a bad idea since you will probably make me hungry LOL.
These dishes Look Yummy! I am definitely going to prepare a few of them! I must tell you I am officially a Vegan since last week Monday....
YUM!!! I've been eying that pot pie for years and have yet to make it.. I'm the worst when it comes to crusts...hehe!!! Yours looks divine..
What did you use to make the vegan egg rolls? Is there a vegan egg roll wrapper or did you have to make everything from scratch?
Looks like you're doing fantastic!! Keep the posts coming!!!
Girl some of that lol, looks damm yummy for my tummy. I don't think I can go Vegan but I am going to try a couple of those dishes and see how it goes. Great post. I'm at 165 and I want to be at 150 so I'm going to try it your way and see how it goes.
Post a Comment